Summary: I found the original recipe for this pie in Cooking Light many years ago. It immediately became a family favorite though I don't know (or care) how light it actually is. I've tweaked the proportions just a bit.
Yield: 1 pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust (I use my stir-and-roll recipe)
- scant 1 cup packed brown sugar
- scant 1 cup light corn syrup
- ⅔ cup regular oats
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
Mix all ingredients together, stirring well, and pour into pie crust. Bake for 50 minutes or until center is completely set.