Summary: This is an absolutely delicious version of green goddess from Melissa Clark. It's good with salad and crudites and grilled meats and on and on.
- ½ cup packed + 2 tablespoons basil leaves (I use just ½ cup which I recommend)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup packed parsley leaves
- ¼ cup packed cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 2½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- a good dollop of Greek yogurt (my addition)
Combine everything in a blender or small food processor and puree until smooth.