Summary: Somewhere between a sauce and a dressing, this yogurt-tahini blend is spiced with lemon, cinnamon, cumin, coriander and sumac and is absolutely wonderful. It'd make a great dressing for steamed potatoes or a dip for veggies or a sauce for roasted root veggies...
Yield: a scant cup
- 1/4 cup well-stirred tahini
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- water if needed for thinning
In a small bowl or measuring cup whisk together all ingredients, tahini - olive oil, until well-combined. Start with just 2 tablespoons lemon juice. If need be per your taste preference, add more lemon juice and/or spices.
If the mixture is too thick, thin with a bit of water.