Summary: This is a wonderful variation on your basic roasted sweet potatoes. The gremolata adds some zip and the hazelnuts in it, a lovely crunch.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed, ends trimmed but left unpeeled
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon (or more to taste) freshly ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- scant 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped a little bit larger than fine
Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Cut the potatoes so that they look like thick-cut fries. Place on a baking sheet large enough to hold them all in a single layer. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over them.
In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic, red pepper, parsley, coriander and remaining 1 tsp olive oil. Stir to combine and season well with salt. Add in the hazelnuts and stir to combine.
Pour over the sweet potato strips, tossing gently to coat the potatoes and distribute the gremolata evenly. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
My rating 5 stars: ★★★★★ 1 review(s)
Recipe by Em-i-lis