Summary: Though I'll always prefer lobster rolls, a good shrimp roll is a fair second!
Yield: serves 2
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced fennel bulb
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- 1/4 cup diced shallot
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced or put through a press
- squirt of mayo
- small handful fresh breadcrumbs, optional (useful if you do want to shape these into more of a patty)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Brioche buns (or hamburger buns of your choosing), toasted
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the shrimp and all remaining ingredients except extra virgin olive oil. Season well with salt and a grind of pepper.
In a 10" skillet, heat 2 tablespons extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. When warm, throw in shrimp mixture and stir/toss until cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
Serve on toasted buns.
If you want to make a mayo/orange sauce to go with this, by all means do.