Summary: This is a perfect combination of sweet, tangy and creamy and also makes wonderful use of incredible summer produce.
Yield: 2-4 portions, depending on serving size
- 1 ball best-quality mozzarella (buffalo mozz if you can find it)
- 2 pluots, washed, seeded and cut into thin wedges
- 2 small-medium ripe green tomatoes (I used Green Zebras), washed and sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons agrodolce vinegar (I use Katz Late Harvest Sauv Blanc; if you can't find agrodolce, use sherry vinegar)
- ½ - ¾ teaspoons orange blossom honey (or another nice, bright honey)
- several good grinds of black pepper
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
On a serving platter, place the ball of mozzarella. You can slice into or leave it whole.
Over and around it, gently toss the pluot and green tomato wedges.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and honey. Pour some of it over the salad- you probably won't use it all.
Grind fresh pepper all over the salad, sprinkle with the basil ribbons and enjoy.
My rating 5 stars: ★★★★★ 1 review(s)
Recipe by Em-i-lis