Summary: Have you ever enjoyed a milk punch? It’s a milk-based adult beverage commonly drunk on holidays in Louisiana. A combination of said milk, bourbon and/or brandy, sugar and nutmeg served cold, it is a sublime cocktail and definitely feels festive.
- ½ cup bourbon (we use Buffalo Trace)
- ½ cup brandy or aged rum (we use a mid-tier Cognac, the one with which I brandy peaches)
- 2 cups of milk (use whole, or a 75/25 blend of 2% and cream)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- grated nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
Stir everything but the nutmeg together in a pitcher and pour into double old-fashioned glasses or short tumblers. Add frozen milk cubes or ice cubes and sprinkle grated nutmeg over the tops.
You can make the mixture in advance, including the nutmeg addition, and keep it in the fridge.