Summary: Yum! Healthy!
Yield: serves 6
- 1¼ cups quinoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth or water (or combo)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large garlic cloves, slivered
- 4 small leeks, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise
- 1 scallion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 small bunch baby kales (or equiv with regular kale), coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
Make the quinoa: Combine the quinoa, salt and broth/water in a 2-quart saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until quinoa is done, about 15 minutess. Drain quinoa.
Make the greens: In a 10" skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil until butter is melted. Add the garlic, leeks and scallion and cook 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the kale and dill and cook until kale is nicely wilted and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
Add the drained quinoa to the greens mixture and stir to combine. Drizzle remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil over the top.
Make the dressing: In a deep bowl or measuring cup, put yogurt, feta, mint, remaining dill, parsley, water and olive oil. Using an immersion blender (hand mixer), blend until combined and whipped. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add about half of the dressing to the quinoa-greens mixture and stir to combine. Serve.
Reserve the remaining dressing for another use. It makes a great dip.