Summary: This is, simply, the best granola ever. Especially if you make the same substitution I do and use dried cherries in place of the coconut. :) I also use some honey in place of some of the maple syrup. For the original recipe, click here.
Yield: about 7 cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, hulled
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1¼ cup raw pecans, left whole or coarsely chopped
- ½ + ⅛ cup pure maple syrup (Em says go with Grade B)
- ⅛ cup (aka 2 tablesppons) honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 300° Fahrenheit.
- Place oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cherries, pecans, honey, syrup, olive oil, sugar, and kosher salt in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Spread granola mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Transfer to oven and bake, stirring every 15 minutes or, until granola is toasted, about 45 minutes. Remove granola from oven and transfer to a cool baking sheet; you will dramatically decrease the "stuck to the pan" factor this way. Let cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container for up to 1 month.