Summary: This is an old family recipe that is irresistible. Dripping with garlicky butter that's studded with parsley, paprika and cayenne, you will never be able to eat just one piece.
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 fresh loaf French or Italian bread
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, salted or unsalted is fine
- 7-8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- a tiny dash of cayenne, if desired
Slice the loaf in half lengthwise and open like a book. With a spoon, pour and spread the garlic butter over both sides of the bread. Close the bread book, wrap the loaf in foil and cook at 350° or 375° Fahrenheit until toasted and fragrant. Slice and serve.