Summary: I absolutely adore this flavorful sauce. Its piquancy and color derive from parsley, cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, red pepper and cumin. Chimichurri never fails to perk me up as it does for any food with which it's paired. Great with grilled meats, scrambled eggs, and a whole host of other things. This recipe is from epicurious.
Yield: about 8 servings
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Puree all ingredients in a food processor. Can be made 2 hours in advance; cover and let stand at room temp. This also lasts well in the fridge!