Summary: An unexpected salad, this is delightful in every way!
Yield: serves 1-2
- 2 rounds of sliced preserved lemon, chopped finely
- 1/8 teaspoon preserved lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1½ teaspoon crème fraîche
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, washed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 ounces green Luobo radish or another radish (like Daikon) with good crunch and not too much bite, mandolined into paper-thin rounds
- 1 small zucchini, washed, trimmed and mandolined into paper-thin rounds
- 1/2 medium shallot, sliced into thin rings
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, crumbled if you like
- 1 handful dried cherries, coarsely chopped
Make the dressing by combining the preserved lemon, juice, yogurt, crème fraîche and celery seed in a small bowl, stirring to combine well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
Make the salad by tossing together the celery, celery leaves, radish, zucchini, shallot, pecans and cherries.
Add about 3/4 of the dressing and toss to combine. Add more dressing if you like, or enjoy the remainder by dipping your fingers in it and licking it off, as we did.
My rating 5 stars: ★★★★★ 1 review(s)
Recipe by Em-i-lis